• Be heartwarming friends!

    The New York City Police Department (NYPD) reunited a British Couple with their Engagement Ring after it fell down a Grate of the Ground and into the New York Subway.

    Luckily, A CCTV Video captured the aftermath of the incident when John Drennan and Daniella Anthony failed to retrieve the Ring from inside a Subway Grate, despite Passersby helping them on searching for 2 hours.

    The Clip was shared by the NYPD Last Saturday which quickly amassing more than 20,000 retweets.

    NYPD Officers later “managed to recover and clean the piece of jewellery, but could not find the Couple so put out an appeal on Twitter”, reported by The Guardian.

    The Tale quickly made Headlines and “the news soon reached the newly engaged pair, who had by then returned to the UK”, added by the paper.

    The Couple had resigned themselves to never retrieving the Ring already and John even bought “a second ring shortly after arriving at the airport” to go home, according to The Telegraph.

    Arrangements were made to return the Rescued Ring to the Pair in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire (UK), and the NYPD tweeted a Photo of the Smiling Couple holding a Celebratory Drink to toast the Unlikely Outcome.

    The Pair said they were incredibly grateful to everyone who had helped reunite them with the ring but John wanted to clear something up about his Proposal Techniques.

    John told the BBC: “We are so happy, we can’t believe it. I want to clarify that I did not propose over a grate in Times Square – that’s where we lost it.”

    The Proposal took place in Central Park, John said: “The time was right. There were autumn leaves everywhere and not many people.”

    Daniella had said yes, but said the Ring was too big for her. She told the broadcaster: “I tried to tell John it was too big, but he insisted I wear it.”

    “I told her it was fine, I was just happy to call her my fiancée after all this time,” John added.

    He said: “We were walking back to the hotel. I can still visualise the ring. Bouncing once… bouncing twice and then it was gone. We just presumed it was gone. In the end, we had no choice but to walk away and try to enjoy the rest of our weekend.”

    “We could not believe it, we really thought it was gone,” Daniella said. “We don’t use Twitter – we had absolutely no idea this was going on. But we are so happy.”

    (All Photos by NYPD NEWS on Twitter.)

    (Source from The Week Newsletter on December 3, 2018.)

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *