(Photo by Screenshot from the Video by WSVN.)
A resourceful Florida man is being hailed as a Hero after his Broken Arm helped him to save an Elderly Woman from her Burning Home.
Last week, 93-year-old Maria Cabral lit a Candle in the Window of her Miami Gardens Home as she often does. Except this time, the Candle lit the Walls on Fire. Within minutes, the Home was ablaze.
Luckily, her 27-year-old Neighbor, Altavious Powell, saw the Smoke coming out of the House and rushed to the Rescue.
With Maria still being trapped inside the Home, Altavious started trying to Break the Window so he could get her to safety. He eventually managed to succeed after he used the Cast on his Broken Arm to help Shatter the Glass.
“I said, ‘[Maria, Maria], where you at?’ And she said, ‘I’m right here,’” Altavious told WSVN. “She was right here like standing on the wall, so I just grabbed her with one arm. She looked up at me, she just said, ‘Thank you.’”
Altavious and Maria were both taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center for Smoke Inhalation. Though Maria is still recovering, Altavious was mostly unharmed from the incident.
When Altavious was told that he is being hailed as a Hero, he simply said: “I’m just glad I was able to do it and I got it over with, and everybody is safe now.”
Maria’s son, however, told WSVN: “She wouldn’t [have gotten] out of the house alive if that man didn’t come here.”
It is very important that we have to take care of Our Neighbors, or the People around us, especially the Elderly, not only taking care of ourselves. Love should be all around~~~
(Source from Good News Network on December 14, 2018.)